Monday, May 15, 2006

Little Glass Box

Ok, so now I've got my little glass box. Figuratively, at least. I've got my pile of stones, and my throwing arm all warmed up. Only thing left to do is fire off a round or two.

Anyone ever noticed that you can never have the best of both worlds? Or even a nice tidy middle ground. There are all sorts of places where this is obvious. Let's start with politics, you've got the whole abortion debate, in which there's no middle ground whatsoever. You're either a religious nut or a babykiller, and that's all there is to it. Or in real life, a girl can't just be a girl anymore, she's either a militant feminist or a doormat. There's no two ways about it, pick your poison, ladies.

On a slightly less disappointed in society note, as long as we have ears, there's going to be music to entertain and delight us. Today, my music of choice happens to be The Ataris, which for those of you who don't know, is a group who sings music with meaningful lyrics which don't make you want to curl up in a hole and die. I consider this a rarity, and that much more valuable because of it. I'm all for music that makes you want to curl up in a hole and die, and I'm all for music with meaningless lyrics, but all things in moderation.

Anyways, in case you haven't already guessed, I'm going to write in a manner somewhat remeniscent of the thought processes of a scizophrenic, by which I mean slightly irregular and highly sporadic.

In case you care, I'm going to tell you a bit about myself. I have trouble focusing for very long unless the thing I'm focusing on is extremely interesting to me, in which case it'll still be a little sketchy. I thrive on panic. I'm an adrenaline junkie. I create dragons to slay, mostly out of a lack of anything better to do. I am not a gamer, someone once tried to teach me to play Halo, and... well it didn't work at all. I love people, and I like to try to figure out what makes them tick, although I'm usually waaaay out in left field. That doesn't matter, I like the challenge. Ask me any day, and odds are my theory about why life exists will be completely different from the one I gave you the day before. I like thinking, and if I could, I'd like to jump into someone's mind and climb around for awhile. Some someones more than others.

Lately one of my friends has been trying to tell me something about himself without actually telling me. As much as I'd like to fancy myself a master detective, the truth of the matter is that I'm not, and am unlikely to become one anytime soon. He also speaks quite candidly, albeit occaisionally, about someone he refers to only as "her". If I don't figure out who this "her" is soon, I might well be poised for a somewhat feline demise.

It just occured to me just how much I'm going to miss some people who are extremely important to me, although I'm pretty sure they don't know it. I should probably let them know sooner rather than later. Has anyone else noticed that it's many times easier to say "I hate you" than "I love you"? I guess we just live in a hating age. I'm having a chatty day, talking a thousand miles a minute, and not being able to type fast enough to keep up with my train of thought.

I'd like to believe that there's a place that exists only as often as we need it, and that's inside our daydreams. It's completely real, but completely unattached to this world, where we can be happy without worrying about what people will think of us for being happy, and take a vacation from the ordinary to surround ourselves with the incredible. Everybody needs to break the monotony once in awhile.

Daydream Believer

No comments: