Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good Morning?

I don’t care if my alarm was about to go off anyways. That knowledge didn’t make me any happier about hauling my tucchus out of bed at 7 this morning, practically falling down the stairs to stand across the street in my jammies and flip-flops. Oh yes, it was a fire drill. Fortunately this lovely beginning didn’t set a precedent for the entire day.

Want to know what I was doing last night at midnight? I was having a frank discussion about religion. We tried to implement the 10 pm rule, we really did. The one that says we don’t start talking about religion after 10 pm, because we’ll be there all night. All we need is red wine.

Anyways, I managed to resist the temptation to fall asleep during a lecture, which was good, because it was a pretty big temptation. I also managed to keep myself fed and watered throughout the day, which is sometimes more of a challenge than it sounds like it should be. Unfortunately a couple of years ago I developed this terrible habit of eating, and it’s turning out to be a real killer to break. I’m convinced it will be my downfall. I got myself up to my elbows in brown goo made from paint and glue, and was soaking bits of burlap in it for about 2 hours… before that I’d been used as a pack mule hauling and moving various objects that I will probably have to repurpose at some point in the next few months.

I finally saw the inside of the theatre. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in my life, it was brilliant. Could have done without the whole “gum” conversation, but that’s alright. I suppose they’re entitled to be frivolous.

Remember that place? Loud, you were there with me, and Vagabond Sphinx, you too. It was such a pretty place. I kinda feel like I’m living there now, even though it’s another place. A lot of the same… feelings? Ideas? I’m not quit sure what it is, but there’s something that’s the same. Anyways, my roommate’s back, so I’d best pretend I’m not a computer-crazed freak for a little while. Not that I am a computer-crazed freak, or anything...

Dream on,
Daydream Believer

4 comments:

A.S. said...

Hmm...somehow I always thought that falling asleep is what lectures are meant for. They don't stand there and drone on and on because they're trying to enthrall me into consciousness, so they?

Scarlet Gypsy said...

I'm not quite sure I'm reading that right. Did you get to see you inside of THAT theater?! The theater that I had to give up trying to get back to this year? The theater where I go to relax once a year? That place that I love more then any city/town/building I've ever loved before?

I miss that place. It's so... Relaxing, so peaceful. There's always something to do, new places to explore... But it's not as big and crowded as it is here, where there is never anything to do. I love going back there, year after year, and I wish so much that I could continue that trend and go this year. Maybe I'll try and save up the money to go down myself, perhaps I can rope a friend or two into going along with me. Maybe we can go after you get back for the summer, go on a little road trip. Wouldn't that be wonderful? We could all go walking down the river together, like we used to.
Hmm... Who all used to go? There was you, me, Loud, Star, CR (I'm sure you know who I mean)...

Perhaps this is the basis for a new blog post XD Rambling about how wonderful and awesome that place is, and how we should all move there. End of story.

estelover said...

Hey hun,

I didn't mean to leave you hanging earlier today, I wasn't on my own computer and the guy who's computer I was on wanted it back rather quickly. I'm quite sure that you know my mailing address, and I expect letters, emails, and blog posts that tell me everything thats going on there. Keep in touch!!!

estelover said...

update!