Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How Far is Heaven?

I could.

Bleach my hair out, wear too much eyeliner, wear skinny jeans and decry all things "ordinary".

I could.

Be petty and mean and fake and pretend flawlessness and put everyone down who doesn't meet my exacting standards of thinking just like me.

I could.

Follow all the other lemmings off the bridge, place more stock in appearance than fibre, go on a diet and weigh exactly one hundred and nine pounds, and then complain about how fat I am.

I could.

Stand by and watch, listen, speak only when spoken to, or about.

I won't.
I'm sick of this shit, how old are we?

And I would love to say this is just about me, that I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I want something from someone, because I feel gypped. I do as well, but at the moment I'm more concerned with who else this affects. Really, girl, grow up.

1 comment:

Loud said...

The awful thing about non-conformity is that it's no longer non-conformist. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is on-the-ball enough to recognize counter-counter culture when they see it.

"gypped" is an unfortunate word, mostly because while it is derogatory towards the Romany people (although I don't think people KNOW this when they use it, by and large, so it's not like they're being intentionally insensitive...), it sounds really good, certainly better than "short-changed" or "ripped off".

finally, hooray for updating!

Cheers!