Sunday, August 15, 2010

This One Goes Out To...

The ones who wrapped me up in a snuggy (one of those as-seen-on-TV blankets with sleeves) pushed a cup of tea into my hand and sat me down on their sofa before putting on Four Weddings and A Funeral, pointedly ignoring the fact that the parts I cried at weren't the sad ones.

The ones who kept up with me as I stormed across town, cursing and swearing, sometimes at myself, sometimes at someone else, sometimes at the world in general.

The one who sent me home at 2 am when I would have happily stayed.

The one who said he didn't regret it, didn't regret me.

The one who assured me I was a beauty, chips or no chips.

The one who said, "You look great. You stop eating again?"

The one who said "Well, can you blame me?"

The one who thought I was out of his league.

The one who paid for my taxi so I didn't have to walk.

The one who's going to hold my hand while I get my first tattoo.

The one who told me I was too good for that guy, even when I didn't believe it.

The one who handed me earplugs.

The one who asked all the right questions when nobody else would even listen to me.

The one who I never believed.

The one I always believed.

Everybody whose moment I'm forgetting at this particular juncture. Everybody who did good things for me. Everybody I forget about on the bad days. Just like how on the good days I forget about the bad things and bad people, it's even easier to forget all the good on the bad days.

Everybody who's still listening.

Everybody who's still dreaming.

Daydream Believer

No comments: