Monday, January 24, 2011

On Selling Yourself

Today I feel like myself again. My free-spirited, overthinking, big-dreaming, frustrated, open-minded, inspired, driven, joyous self. It's like flying on a rainy day, breaking through the cloud cover into the clear blue sky. It's what happened to Red just before she started laughing again. I alternate between "the world is my oyster" and "the world is an indiscriminate pile of shit" and today, it's all coming up oysters.

Again, today, I posit that dating and looking for a job are uncomfortably similar. Both involve me knowing that I am a fantastic girlfriend/significant other/employee, and trying to figure out how to convince dudes/ladies/employers of that. And trying really hard to ignore the fact that no matter how promising the beginning is, they're going to find out that I'm probably not what they signed on for, and eventually, I'm going to get bored.

Wish me luck.

Daydream Believer

P.S. Ever notice how when someone has two jobs in means they're driven, hardworking, motivated, self-sacrificing... Just a thought.

No comments: