Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No Day But Today

Epiphany
Ever had one single moment where the world all seems to make sense and everything's perfectly clear? Me neither. Every now and then though, I get the feeling that something's changed. Usually I can't put my finger on it. This time I can. This may change by tomorrow, but for right now, I know where I stand. This may not be a big deal for anyone else, but for me it is. I know where I stand, I know that I can have my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground simultaneously, and I think it shows. It's bloody amazing how much things can change in a week. I didn't notice it, but I've been systematically redefining the parameters of my existence for about 5 days now. Things that would have scandalized me a week ago, I can easily shrug off, things that I would never have said or done come easily to me. And I know that whatever I do, whatever I say, I will still be who I am. All of a sudden, I am sure I exist. It's kind of a nice feeling.

All You Wanted
Someone very brilliant once said something to the effect of: Only two great tragedies exist in this life. One of them is not having what you want. The other is having it.

As I said, someone very brilliant. If you have one thing you want, sometimes you have to forgo other things you want. I'm not sure what the tradeoffs are going to turn out to be, but I know they're going to happen. That's ok though. I've got a good feeling about the future for once. And I know I'll get through all this. This DDB v2.0 is a very resilient person, I think.

Inspiration
All of a sudden, I've been inspired. At the risk of sounding like a really bad cliché, lately I've caught myself dancing like nobody's watching, singing like nobody's listening. I've done things in the last couple of days that I should have done ages ago, just to prove to myself that I could, that my tiny little world wasn't going to crumble or grind to a screeching halt just because I did something a little out of the ordinary.

I should have some song lyrics, but none really seem to fit.
In closing... CR, I think I would like to see you shake it.

Here's to really breaking the monotony.
Daydream Believer

3 comments:

Loud said...

Another very bright individual observed that the pleasure of having something is less than that of wanting it. Having what you want is also a tragedy for that reason. If you could live your dreams, shape reality to suit imagination, only then could you truly escape the tragedy of having what you want.

It must be good to live in the now. I've always been one to live for the future (whether my love of SF is a cause or a symptom I know not), the kind of person who believes that reaching the tomorrow which hangs tantalizingly out of reach is the key to their heart's desires. You, on the other hand, seem to be living in the moment, reveling in it, immersing yourself in the NOW. That's awesome.

(DAY)DREAM ON, BELIEVER!

DREAM ON

SS Shine it all around said...

Why dont you talk to me? I thought you could tell me anything.

GoldMatenes said...

I jumped between two buildings yesterday. Landed in the snow, and laughed until it hurt. I did it because I knew I wouldn't make it: I'll do it again because next time I'd like to stick the landing.

The parameters of the world are undefinable because they are the definitions themselves. Nothing and everything are both infinite... and so we roll the dice.
It seems you've realised that, in one form or another, we decide what numbers are on the sides.

DREAM ON