Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Ordinary Day

Rain
Yaaay dehydration! Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink. Well, sort of. Today it's rainy. I tend to get restless when it rains, and by "I tend to get restless" I mean "I get more restless than usual". It wasn't rainy all day, and I definitely wasn't drinking enough water for the amount of caffeine and lack of sleep and sickness and Tylenol and ibuprofen in my system at various times throughout the day. I am very sore. And tired. And yay it's midterm week. Thank goodness for small blessings, even if they're extremely small.

Rad
I have questions. Lots of questions. You seem fragile off the bat, a little small. Less superficial exploration suggests otherwise. Compact, then. Wiry. Concentrated, perhaps. I'll admit it, the name thing makes me want to shy away. Maybe that's my challenge here, not shying away. Language is arbitrary. So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called. I was talking to Este today, and I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I felt like someone had just let the air out of my tires. All of a sudden all the "I can't" "I won't" mentality came flooding back. I'll probably have to work harder to keep it at bay. All of this ends in a great whopping "I don't know".

Boo!
That's right, I'm volunteering to scare the crap out of little kids. Yes, that's totally out of character for me. That's the lovely thing about acting. It takes you out of character. Unfortunately it doesn't take you out of voice or body, both of which are kind of killing me right now. But it was worth it. Kudos to Officers Ginger, Rambo, Dundee, Flunky, and Bondy. Hopefully I'll get another crack at it.

Identity

I'm halfway through section one of eight. That's alright. At the very beginning of this, I was uneasy about not knowing where I was going, or how I would get there. It's rather funny, I wasn't uneasy because of myself, I was uneasy because of outside influences. Then I heard other voices. I still don't know where I'm going, but I'm a lot happier not knowing than I was. Despite my neurotic tendencies on the small scale, once I get to the big picture, I'm freer. I suppose that's what I wanted. Maybe it's what I needed.

I don't know how I'll make it,
So I guess I'm gonna fake it,
Till I'm somewhere.
I don't know where I'm going,
but I'm going and I'll know it
when I get there.


Keep Dreaming
Daydream Believer

1 comment:

GoldMatenes said...

People say "it's the journey, not the destination"... but sometimes the journey really just sucks. What it usually is then is getting to the destination, looking back (and up) and going "How the fack did I do that?!?"