Thursday, December 28, 2006

No Day But Today

28 Hours, 28 Hours, 28 Hours in less than 4 Months!
Right now, I'm just counting down the days until 28 hours. I can't wait. To those of you who deal with me on a daily basis, I apologize in advance for the hyperactivity and excitement which will without doubt get annoying within a week or so. It's going to be bloody brilliant.

Changes
She came back for a few days. I think--I hope-- she's gone on her not-so-merry way by now, but those were not a fun few days. Quite frankly, I never wanted to see her again, much less allow anyone else to see her. But I think I've managed to ditch her once again, and hopefully this time my escape will be a little more permanent.
Gold, if you want to see how I've changed, ask me about the last week or so.

Waiting... Waiting...
In other news, finally got finished with something that's been driving me clear up the wall lately, mostly because it requires me to actually think about, and more vexingly make decisions about, the future. My future. But it's done, so now I just have to wait and hope I don't get laughed out of line, so to speak.
I think that's maybe what prompted the ever-so-lovely, "What's going to happen to us?" question I had to deal with yesterday. I'll say it straight out, I'm worried. Terrified, actually. I don't know what's going to happen to us, what's going to happen to me, what's going to happen to you. All we can do is wait and see.

I've always wondered where I'm going, and whether the trip is going to be pleasant.

Song Lyrics
This is a fantastic song which I adore singing, even though I usually can't make it through a phrase without breathing, usually at a quite inopportune moment. However, I think it's brilliant, and parts of it describe my feelings about certain people and certain situations pretty accurately. It's always creepy/fun when you hear a song that sounds like the writer was pulling stuff out of your head to put into a song.


Breathe (2 am)
Anna Nalick
2 AM and she calls me 'cause I'm still awake,
"Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?,
I don't love him. Winter just wasn't my season"
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to criticize,
Hypocrites. You're all here for the very same reason

'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

May he turn 21 on the base at Fort Bliss
"Just a day" he said down to the flask in his fist,
"Ain't been sober, since maybe October of last year."
Here in town you can tell he's been down for a while,
But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him. Maybe I'll just sing about it.

Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button, boys,
So cradle your head in your hands,
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

But you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand.
and breathe, just breathe
woah breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe.

I find it interesting how several different songs, all called "Breathe", can have such different characters. There are more than this I'm sure, but I'm thinking of this one, one by Melissa Etheridge, one by Shania Twain, and one by Faith Hill. They're all very different, but they do have this commonality that I can't quite put my finger on.

Long story short- music is amazing.

Keep Dreaming,
Daydream Believer

1 comment:

Loud said...

I should get on that whole "future" thing very soon. I suppose I have nothing lined up for tomorrow....as good a time as any. You know what the problem with the Future is? It has this nasty habit of turning into a Present which is decidedly less glamorous than you imagined. Also, the future never has the flying cars or spaceships "they" keep promising.

Then again, perhaps the lack of spacecraft is WHY I find the future so lacking. That would explain a lot.

Another lovely (if cryptic) post, Daydreamer.