Saturday, December 02, 2006

Who's The King of The Castle?

I spoke to him today. At an ungodly hour of morning when I really should've been asleep. That's what's more convenient for him. He reminded me to be a big help, and asked me if I was in shape. He didn't ask about CR, or JB, and I'm sure he was hoping SS had just disappeared like the last one. He didn't ask me how I was in terms of whether I minded that he's never around. I don't. He asked me in terms of whether I was continuing to do my job. Daydream believer the sponge. He asked me if my work is going well, and if my sports team was winning. I didn't bother to tell him that the captain doesn't seem to like me very much, or that the coaches are massive hypocrites. He would've told me I was blowing it out of proportion. At least I have a little peace of mind for now, knowing that when he's on the other side of the world, I could just hang up on him and that would be that. I never will, of course. That would be too much like him for his own good. He'd never be able to take it. Some days are better than others, but the ones where he's here are always worse than the ones where he isn't. Does that make me a terrible person? If he wants to play king of the castle, he should visit the castle occasionally, don't you think?

Eight hours and it's almost done. Happiness.

7+2 months and counting.

I'm of two minds. One which, sliding down the great toboggan hill of life, wants to dig its heels in like there's no maƱana. The other which wants to pick up its feet and glide.

The good old BS problem.
Ever have a really close friend you just start to lose touch with, for whatever reason? Then, out of nowhere, you run into them again. A year and a half later, while you've been trying so hard to get a hold of them. And of course by then, it's too late. What might have been. I hate those words with a flaming passion. Mostly because they get me every time.
It's not going to happen again.

Nothing like a good fume to get the toxins out. I need to purge from time to time. Clear out the dust bunnies, leave everything feeling renewed. Full of promise. Now there's a dream worth dreaming.

Daydream Believer

No comments: